Associate Professor Shu-Ming Chang
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +886-3-513-1216
- Fax: +886-3-572-4679
- Address: Department of Applied Mathematics, National Chiao Tung University,1001 Ta Hsueh Road, Hsinchu, Taiwan 30050, ROC
- Fall Semester, 2015：
- Calculus (I)
- Introduction to Computer Science (I)
- Mind to Mind with the Adviser(I)
- Spring Semester, 2015：
- Calculus (II)
- Introduction to Practice of Computational Mathematics Software
- Advanced Mathematical Software
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, National Tsing Hua University. (09/1999 - 09/2003)
- Research Areas
- Scientific Computations
- Dynamical Systems
- Positions, Honors and Awards
- Postdoc in Department of Mathematics, National Tsing Hua University. (10/2003 - 01/2008)
- Assistant Professor in Department of Applied Mathematics, National Chiao Tung University. (02/2008 - 07/2012 )
- Associate Professor in Department of Applied Mathematics, National Chiao Tung University. (08/2012 - )
- Recent Research Projects
Computing Discrete Sufrace Ricci Flows (NSC 102-2115-M-009-012)(2013/08~20
- Nonlinear eigenvalue problems for the distribution of optimal partitions(NSC 101-2115-M-009-009)(2012/08~2013/07)
- Reaction-diffusion-advection models for ecological problems with the periodic heterogeneous habitats (NSC 99-2115-M-009-006-MY2) (2010/08~2012/07)
- Stability of Travelling Waves of the Gross-Pitaevskii Equation (NSC 98-2115-M-009-007) (2009/08~2010/07)
- Study in Solitary Waves of the Nonlinear Schrodinger Equation with Power Nonlinearities (NSC 97-2115-M-009-003-MY2) (2008/03~2009/07)
- Computing Discrete Sufrace Ricci Flows (NSC 102-2115-M-009-012)(2013/08~20
(A) Refereed Papers：
- S. M. Chang, T. C. Lin and W. W. Lin, Chaotic and Quasiperiodic Motions of Three Planar Charged Particles, Int. J. Bifurcation Chaos, Vol. 11, No. 7 (2001), 1937–1951.
- S. M. Chang, T. C. Lin and W. W. Lin, Dynamics of Vortices in Two-Dimensional Bose-Einstein Condensates, Int. J. Bifurcation Chaos, Vol. 12, No. 4 (2002), 739–764.
- S. M. Chang, C. S. Lin, T. C. Lin and W. W. Lin, Segregated Nodal Domains of Two-Dimensional Multispecies Bose-Einstein Condensates, Physica D, Vol. 196, Issues 3-4 (2004), 341-361.
- S. M. Chang, W. W. Lin and S. F. Shieh, Gauss-Seidel-type Methods for Energy States of a Multi-Component Bose-Einstein Condensate, J. Comput. Phys., Vol. 202, Issue 1 (2005), 367–390.
- S. M. Chang, Y. C. Kuo, W. W. Lin and S. F. Shieh, A Continuation BSOR-Laczos-Galerkin Method for Positive Bound States of a Multi-Component Bose-Einstein Condensate, J. Comput. Phys., Vol. 210, Issue 2 (2005), 439-458.
- S. M. Chang, S. Gustafson, K. Nakanishi and T. P. Tsai, Spectra of Linearized Operators for NLS Solitary Waves, SIAM J. Math. Anal., Vol. 39, No. 4 (2007), 1070-1111.
- S. L. Chen, S. M. Chang, W. W. Lin and T. T. Hwang, Digital Secure-Communication Using Robust Hyper-Chaotic Systems, Int. J. Bifurcation Chaos, Vol. 18, No. 11 (2008), 3325-3339.
- S. M. Chang, M. C. Li and W. W. Lin, Asymptotic Synchronization of Modified Logistic Hyper-Chaotic Systems and its Applications, Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, Vol. 10, Issue 2 (2009), 869-880.
- F. Y. Lin, S. Y. Tu, C. C. Huang and S. M. Chang, Nonlinear Dynamics of Semiconductor Lasers under Repetitive Optical Pulse Injection, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, Vol. 15, No. 3 (2009), 604-611.
- S. M. Chang and H. H. Chen, Applying Snapback Repellers in Resource Budget Models, Chaos, Vol. 21 (2011) 043126.