【News】National Chiao Tung University Student Course Withdrawal Application Policies ( 2016-12-26 )
1. The course withdrawal policies are implemented to enable students who are in exceptional situations to withdraw from a course during the semester.
2. Applications to drop courses must be completed no later than December 31st during the first semester or May 31st during the second semester.
3. The instructor, advisor, and department chair must authorize the application. Students also have to send the application form to the Curriculum Division. Instructors and departments may set strict rules by themselves.
4. A “W” will be noted in front of the title of the dropped course on the transcript.
5. Students may not drop more than one course per semester. Total credits for the semester will not include the credits for the dropped course.
6. Total credits for the semester must still meet the minimum requirements after course withdrawal.
7. The Academic Affairs Committee authorizes and enforces these policies and is also responsible for further revision.