Associate Professor Ming-Hsuan Kang
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +886-3-571-2121 ext. 56416
- Fax: +886-572-4679
- Address: Department of Applied Mathematics, National Chiao Tung University,1001 Ta Hsueh Road, Hsinchu, Taiwan 30010, ROC
- Fall Semester, 2020：
- Algebra (I)
- Representation Theory of Finite Groups and Applications
- Spring Semester, 2021：
- Linear Algebra (II)
- Service Learning(II)
- Mentor's Hours
- Pennsylvania State University, Ph.D (2004-2010)
- National Taiwan University, B.S (1997-2001)
- Research Areas
- Number Theory
- Positions, Honors and Awards
- Visiting Scholar , Purdue University 2011-2012
- Postdoctoral Research Abroad Program Fellowship, National Science Council , Taiwan 2010
- Finalist for Alumni Association Dissertation Award, Pennsylvania State University, USA 2009
- Pritchard Dissertation Fellowship, Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Recent Research Projects
Zeta functions and cohomology of complexes from p-adic reductive groups (100-2115-M-009-008-MY2)
(A) Refereed Papers：
- Expanders and Nano-scale Self-assembly (joint with A. Gamburd, P. Keukus, W.C. Li and P.Vontobel) , Proceedings of the 4th Conference on Foundations of Nanoscience, 2007.
- The Zeta Functions of Complexes from PGL(3): A Representation-theoretic Approach(joint with W.C. Li and C.J. Wang), the Israel Journal of Math., Volume 177, Number 1,335-348, 2010.
- Zeta Functions of Complexes Arising from PGL(3) (joint with W.C. Li), Advances in Mathematics 256 (2014), 46–103.
- Toroidal Fullerenes with the Cayley Graph Structures, Discrete Mathematics 311 (2011), pp. 2384-2395
- Geometric zeta functions for higher rank p-adic groups (joint with A. Deitmar), Illinois J. Math.Volume 58, Number 3 (2014), 719-738.
- Zeta Functions of F1-buildings (joint with Anton Deitmar), to appear in Journal of the Mathematical Society of Japan.
- On spherical Monte Carlo simulations for multivariate normal probabilities(joint with Huei-Wen Teng and Cheng-Der Fuh), Advances in Applied Probability 47.3 (September 2015).
- Artin L-functions on finite quotients of PGL_3(joint with W.C. Li), to appear in International Mathematics Research Note.
- Bass-Ihara zeta functions for non-uniform tree lattices (joint with Anton Deitmar), submitted.
- Riemann Hypothesis and strong Ramanujan complexes from GLn, to appear in Journal of Number Theory.
- Zeta and L-functions of finite quotients of apartments and buildings (joint with W.C. Li and C.J. Wang), the Israel Journal of Math., Volume 228, Number 1,79-117, 2018
- Building lattices and zeta functions (joint with A. Deitmar and R. MacCallum), Advances in Geometry, 2019
- Twisted Poincaré series and zeta functions on finite quotients of buildings (joint with R. MacCallum ),Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics, Volume 49, Number 3, 309-336